Therapeutic Back Massage at Naturally Heaven Therapy, Newcastle
A therapeutic massage is the best treatment and involves the application of the hands or elbows with the intention of solving a physical problem, such as back pain. Alternatively, non-therapeutic or relaxation massage is more passive and is typically used to promote comfort.
Therapeutic massage can be used to treat a range of conditions, the most common of which is low back pain, followed by neck and shoulder pain.
What are the benefits of therapeutic back massage?
Most massage techniques are designed to promote pain relief, stress reduction, and improved movement in daily living.
Therapeutic massage has been shown to improve joint flexibility, relieve lower-back pain, and stimulate the release of endorphins. It can also be used to treat and prevent the following conditions:
- Sports injuries, work-related injuries and repetitive strain injuries (carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, bursitis)
- Anxiety, depression, tension and stress
- Walking or running-related pain
- Poor posture and suboptimal use of the body in movement
“Therapeutic massage manipulates the body’s soft tissue, so it also stimulates the flow of fluid in the lymphatic system, which can improve natural immunity. In addition, when received soon after surgery, therapeutic massage can help reduce post-surgery swelling or adhesions,” says Madore.
the best therapeutic massage near me
Four Lane Ends
What are the various therapeutic massage techniques?
The first massage technique that most therapists learn is Swedish massage, which involves the application of oil and is used to promote relaxation.
Other massage styles and techniques include:
- Craniosacral therapy: Involves only five grams of pressure, and influences the central nervous system.
- Deep tissue massage: Uses intense pressure and targets the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia.
- Rolfing and myofascial release: Involves more aggressive techniques that aim to manipulate the soft tissues.
How often should you visit a massage therapist for a back massage?
For individuals without a particular problem, visiting a massage therapist once a month is adequate for maintaining good health. For those with a condition such as back pain, it may be appropriate to work with a massage therapist three-to-six times within a short period of time.
Other therapeutic treatments include